It’s starting to get cold out there and darker earlier each night. All I want is to cuddle on the couch with you holding you so tight. You feel so warm and you’re looking so bright. You’re just so beautiful bowl of Roasted Red Pepper Sweet Potato Soup tonight.
Nope? Not into this cheesy introduction of mine? 🤓
You know what you’ll be into though? the Asiago cheese on top of this bowl of deliciousness. 😍 It’s Pumpkin Spice Latte and Soup season you guys!
This simple recipe is full of flavor with roasted red peppers and sweet potatoes all blended together to bring you a bowl of perfection. There’s really nothing much else to say here other than….you in your cozy sweater, get your bowl ready because it’s Roasted Red Pepper Sweet Potato Soup time!
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials
- Red Bell Peppers - 4, seeds removed and sliced in half.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tsp.
- Onion - 1 medium, chopped.
- Carrots - 1 cup, chopped.
- Garlic Cloves - 2, minced.
- Herbs De Provence - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable Broth - 3 cups.
- Sweet Potato - 1 medium, peeled and chopped.
- Salt & Pepper - to taste.
- Asiago Cheese - grated, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F & lay the peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet, cut sides down.
- Roast red peppers for 15 minutes or until the skins are blackened.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, let cool until comfortable to peel the skins off and discard.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic and herbs sautéing for 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted red bell peppers, sweet potato and broth.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion hand blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with grated asiago cheese.