Is it me or did pumpkins just show up everywhere out of nowhere? Happy Fall everyone! And ha! I do realize it is just me…I’m still trying to resist the fact that summer is gone.
I’m not your biggest pumpkin pie fan. And I’m not the biggest fan of cheesecake either. What’s wrong with me, right?! My hubby on the other hand…well how I can say this…cheesecake and pumpkin pie are the true loves of his life. I mean he eats this stuff in his sleep. Like literally. I woke up the other night around midnight to get some water and I noticed missing spoonfuls of my Cheesecake Pumpkin Swirl Pie!
So anyways…pumpkins EVERYWHERE, right? Just walking into the grocery store, I felt like I needed to make pumpkin something. And knowing that my husband loves pumpkin pie and cheesecake, I thought what the hey! Why don’t I combine the two? When you combine cheesecake and pumpkin pie, something magical happens people. I’m not sure why this combo works but it just does and I’m liking it!
By they way, you think I really needed to open the fridge for some water? We have an external fridge water dispenser. I opened the fridge because I too wanted to sneak in a spoonful! 😛 This is how good this stuff turned out to be.
You should have seen the face expression hubby made when he tried this pie → pure happiness!
They say you can’t buy happiness. Well, you can buy the ingredients to make yummy Cheesecake Pumpkin Swirl Pie…and that’s pretty much the same thing! 🙂 Once you try this; you’ll be pinning, liking, tweeting and sharing this recipe!
And by the way – where the heck have I been? → Right?!
Want a free e-book with recipes and nutritional benefits? Want to be the first to know when I post new recipes? SUBSCRIBE NOW to my newsletter! 🙂
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust - 1, 9 inch
- Cream Cheese - 2 (8 ounce) packages ⅓ fat, softened
- Pumpkin Puree - ½ cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in eggs one at a time. Spread ¾ of batter into bottom of pie crust and set ¼ cup aside.
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the remaining batter and stir gently with a large spatula until well combined. Carefully spread over cheese mixture in pie crust.
- Spoon the reserved ¼ cup of cheese mixture, an inch apart, on top and swirl using a knife.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping before serving.