You know what the best feeling ever is? Coming home on a busy weeknight and finding LEFTOVERS in my fridge. I LOVE you leftovers! Thank you for being such lifesavers. Warm fuzzies kick in.
You reheat the food in the microwave and dinner is served! Sooo easy, right? Unless it’s one of those times when your microwave decides to heat your plate and not the food. What is up with that?? But that’s besides the point.
But whenever I have leftover salmon fillets, I prefer to eat them cold. So I whip up a Quick Leftover Salmon Salad instead!
This salad just must be like THE easiest dinner ever. Seriously. Who knew the most simple salad can be so colorfully healthy, filling and plain amazing?
I always have mixed greens, kale and red onions in my kitchen. I also usually have pre-boiled eggs in the fridge for convenience because you just neva-know! Put it all together and top it off with dried mint (I always have this in my pantry – the secret to my salads), salt/pepper, olive oil and LOTS of freshly squeezed lemon juice. So refreshing, so easy and so TASTY! Enjoy 🙂
- Salmon - 1 leftover fillet, cold.
- Mixed Greens - 2 cups.
- Kale - 1 cup, chopped.
- Egg - 1, boiled and quartered.
- Red Onion - to taste, sliced.
- Dried Mint - to taste.
- Salt & Pepper - to taste.
- Olive Oil - to taste.
- Lemon Juice - to taste.
- Mix your greens in your serving bowl.
- Add your salmon, egg and onion.
- Sprinkle with dried mint, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle some olive oil and finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Dig in and enjoy!