It’s been real, summer! But as they say and as sad as it sounds, all good things must come to an end. 😥
With all these end-of-summer BBQs & parties coming up, it’s time to savor the few days we have left of sunshine with this delicious Cilantro Garlic Citrus Butter Grilled Corn On The Cob recipe!
I love to buy and grill my sweet corn naked. That’s the corn naked, not me, of course. 😜
Why naked corn is the best:
- No husks to worry about. ✓
- Super easy to prepare. ✓
- Results in plenty of smoky, charred grilled summery flavor. ✓
This recipe uses the same butter used in the One Pan Salmon and Veggies with Cilantro Garlic Citrus Butter.
All CILANTRO lovers of the world…introducing your new best friend: Cilantro Garlic Citrus Butter! 😊
Seriously, this butter is to DIE for! I use it on…hmm…everything! Ok, almost everything. I tried it on my English muffin and my banana this morning. It didn’t taste quite as good as I had imagined, on the banana that is. But on the English muffin? Oh my goodness… it was THE most amazing buttery, garlic and cilantro infused English muffin in the world!
So you spread some of this cilantro garlic citrus herb goodness on your corn then grill it to absolute perfection!
The key to grilling corn is to use medium heat. Once you see that the corn is starting to darken, turn just a little bit. Keep turning occasionally, little by little, every 3 minutes or so until it looks a little charred.
What you get is absolute sweet and savory perfection on the cob. It surely is too early to say goodbye to Summer. But we’re saying it with a smokey, charred grilled flavor and a refreshing cilantro garlic citrus kick!
Here’s to the last days of sunshine. Have a drink and stuff your faces with an ear or two with us! 😉
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials
- Ears Corn, Unhusked - 8
- Fresh Cilantro - chopped, to taste
- Unsalted Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Garlic Cloves - 3
- Cilantro - 1 bunch
- Green Onion - 1
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tbsp
- Lime Juice - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Freshly Cracked Pepper - to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add all Cilantro Garlic Citrus Butter ingredients to your food processor and mix until smooth.
- Spread desired amount to the above butter mixture on to corn.
- Place the corn directly over hot fire and grill, turning every 3 minutes, until charred and cooked through, about 12-15 minutes total.
- Top with fresh, chopped cilantro and serve.