Who else is dreaming of Thanksgiving comfort food galore? It’s almost here you guys!
Let’s just be honest though. Mashed potatoes are T-H-E ultimate comfort food…for I’m pretty sure, everyone! I mean who doesn’t want in on warm, rich and creamy buttery textured goodness?
So I made Italian Oven Fried Crispy Chicken Breasts yesterday and what better side to go with that dish? You guessed it; nothing other than Roasted Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes! We were smothering our chicken with this stuff as if there were no tomorrow. If only we thought of tomorrow, I’d be having a bowl of leftover tasty comfort right now. 😐
↑ That’s my son, Roy, lending a hand! 🙂
These are so easy to make. The garlic gets roasted in the oven as the potatoes are boiling. You drain, add the roasted garlic, some almond milk, cheese, butter and your seasonings. Mash it all up then stir in green onions for added beautiful color and a subtle tasty crunch.
I didn’t use any sour cream but you can most definitely add that in. I personally thought this was tasty enough and didn’t need sour cream or it’s added calories. You can serve with or without your favorite gravy.
So simple. So easy. So tasty and comforting. Perfect after a long hectic day.
Now get your kids off to bed, load that dishwasher and send your husband or wife to take out the garbage. Kids or no kids. Husbands or no wives. Just do whatever it is you need to do to be alone. This is your moment to fill the biggest bowl you own with Roasted Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and savor every spoonful. Enjoy!
For those of you wondering how we have been talking our pictures, check out this light box flash that we use to bounce the light off the ceiling. It works very well and we’re still experimenting with new and better ways to improve the pictures. More to come on that.
- Russet Potatoes - 8 medium peeled and cubed
- Garlic Cloves - 6 large peeled and quartered
- Olive Oil - 2 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Almond Milk - 1 cup
- Parmesan Cheese - ⅓ cup grated
- Green Onion - 3 tbsp minced
- Salt - ½ tsp or to taste
- Black Pepper - ¼ tsp or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, wrap and roast until very tender, 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place potatoes in a large pot, pour cold water to cover by one inch. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 20 minutes. Drain well and return to the pot.
- Add the roasted garlic, almond milk, cheese, butter as well as salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency, adding additional milk if needed.
- Stir in minced green onions and taste check for any additional salt. Serve with or without your favorite gravy.