With the fall season underway and now that the nights are full of cooler temperatures, all I can think about is soup. Soups are like blankets, they keep us warm and cozy. 🤗
This Creamy Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup is perfection in a bowl! First up, it’s gorgeous and will brighten up any day with its vibrant color and luscious taste. There are so many ways to describe how awesome this soups is. Most importantly, it’s addictively comforting, warm and satisfying.
I’ve been taking Salsa lessons and let me tell you, a few spoonfuls of this goodness will add a spring to your step. Seriously, a bowl in and I was getting down with my basic 7 steps like a pro! And a 1, 2, 3…5,6,7. Repeat. I even threw in a bunch of Suzy Qs like a natural.
This recipe is overflowing with colorful and good-for-you ingredients; butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, coconut milk, red and green onions. Not to mention the spices including cinnamon, nutmeg and turmeric. All blended up creating a delicent (decent & delicious) soup with hints of sweet and savory sophistication.
I strongly recommend topping your bowl with pepitas and enrolling in Salsa lessons. Pepitas up the health factor just one more notch and the Salsa lessons are just so much fun!😁
Happy Soup Season!
What I’ve used in this recipe:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Red Onion - ½ large, chopped.
- Garlic - 4 cloves, smashed.
- Celery - 2 ribs, chipped.
- Green Onions - 3, chopped.
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Nutmeg - a dash.
- Turmeric - ½ tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Butternut Squash - 5 cups, cubed.
- Sweet Potato - 1 medium, peeled and chopped.
- Carrots - 2 small, peeled and chopped.
- Vegetable Broth - 2.5 cups.
- Coconut milk - 1 cup.
- Freshly Cracked Pepper - to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, green onions, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the squash, carrots, sweet potatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, cracked pepper and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Transfer everything to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and taste check.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Creamy Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Soup
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.