Cauliflower as a side?
That’s not a very appealing sounding choice. Not one most people naturally gravitate towards.
I was a picky eater growing up, let me tell you! But out of all things, I do remember enjoying eating cauliflower. But Hwhy?
Well, my mother used to fry cauliflower. Makes sense now, right? Anything → fried tastes rediculously good! What added an extra kick though was the fresh lemon juice we used to squeeze over the perfectly golden edges.
So, I wanted to recreate that taste but without frying anything. Have you ever tired roasting cauliflower!? Oh my goodness you just HAVE to try Roasted Cauliflower & Red Peppers!
Roasting locks in that nutty flavor and the red peppers add a pop of color with a sweet touch. Lastly, the Zesty Italian Dressing Mix and lemon juice add a bright tang making this side irresistible!
This side is so delicious, my toddler even loves it! Let’s just say, I’ll be heading out to get another head of cauliflower as soon as possible.
- Cauliflower - 1 head, cut into florets
- Red Peppers - 2, cut into strips
- Zesty Italian Dressing Mix - ⅓ packet
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - 1 small, juiced
- Garlic Salt - ½ tsp
- Freshly Ground Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss all ingredients until well combined.
- Line florets and red peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.